This policy was last modified on May 25, 2018
What information we gather and use
When you use the Club 1 Hotels Site, the booking engine or other services available through the Club 1 Hotels Site, we collect certain Personal Information, such as your name, email address, telephone number, username, password, mailing address, rewards number, credit/debit card number and related information.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we will post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us using the information listed below.
If you access the Club 1 Hotels Site from a mobile device, with your consent, we will also gather geographic location information from you, to better customize your experience using the Club 1 Hotels Site.
As is true of most websites and apps, we also gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, device ID, and clickstream data. We use this information, to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to track users’ movements around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not consider this automatically-collected data to be Personal Information except where we can link it to you as an individual or where applicable law requires us to.
How we use information
We share and use the information we collect in the following ways:
• To administer the Site: Your information helps us provide you with the services offered on our Site.
• To personalize your experience: Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
• To improve our Site: We continually strive to improve our offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
• To improve customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
• To process transactions: Specifically, your information will be shared with hotels and other travel partners to process transactions made on the Club 1 Hotels Site, and to third party providers of credit card transaction.
• To send periodic emails: The email address you provide for order processing will be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. We will also email you about specials and promotions offered through our Site, with your consent where required (see, “Unsubscribing from Club 1 Hotels Emails” below).
Certain regions, such as the European Union, require us to explain the legal bases we rely on to collect and process your Personal Information. We rely on: (1) Necessity to perform contract with you – we need to process your Personal Information in order to provide our travel reservation services to you, answer questions and requests from you, and provide customer support;
(2) Our legitimate interests – we process your information to maintain the security and safety of the Site, to detect and prevent fraud, to protect and defend the rights or property of others, or our own rights and interests, to customize and provide our reservation travel services to you, and to respond to lawful requests, court orders, and legal process;
(3) Compliance with legal obligations – we need to process your information to comply with relevant laws and regulatory requirements, such as to substantiate tax liability; and
(4) Consent – we rely on consent for direct marketing communications and certain cookies, which you can opt out of as detailed below.
Sharing your information
• With trusted third parties (such as hotels and other travel partners, credit card processors) who assist us in operating our business, processing credit card transactions or otherwise conducting our business, or providing services to you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us. We will not sell, rent, loan or disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your consent. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information will be provided for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
• With our affiliated group companies who have access to this information with our permission and who need to know or have access to this information to perform the service requested by you (including customer services) and internal (audit/compliance) investigations.
• With regulatory authorities, courts, government agencies and other third parties when permitted or required by applicable law/regulation, to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process, to enforce Club 1 Hotels Site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
• In connection with a business transfer, if Club 1 Hotels is involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership.
Protecting your information
We want you to feel confident about using our website and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee safety, we implement commercially reasonable security measures to maintain the safety of your Personal Information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your Personal Information on the Site.
All supplied sensitive information (such as credit/debit card information) is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your credit card number(s) will not be stored on our servers, unless your reservation type requires us to forward such information to the hotel provider. Any credit/debit card numbers are processed, stored and transferred in a PCI compliant manner. Since no method of electronic processing, storage or transmission is 100% secure, if you have reason to believe that your experience on the Site is no longer secure (such as your account has been compromised), please contact us immediately as detailed below.
Cookies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the websites or service providers’ systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. We use session and persistent cookies to help us remember and process the items in your shopping cart and understand and save your preferences for future visits. If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off certain cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn certain cookies off, some of our services may not function properly.
You can opt-out of receiving targeted advertisements by visiting www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or www.aboutads.info/choices. However, even if you opt-out such technology, you may continue to receive advertisements from the relevant ad network, but the advertisements will not be tailored to your browsing activities and interests. Please also visit here to opt out of Google Analytics.
At this time the Site is not configured to honor browsers’ “Do Not Track” signals.
Updating and correcting information
We encourage you to promptly update your Personal Information if it changes. You can correct, update, amend, remove, or ask to have it removed by making the change on your user account settings page, or exercise any rights under applicable law, including to access, delete, restrict, object or transfer your Personal Information by emailing our Member Services team at email@example.com or by contacting us by postal mail at the contact information listed below. If you no longer desire our service, please contact us directly using the same contact information. We will comply with requests under this section as soon as reasonably practicable as required by applicable law.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. However, we will need to retain and use certain Personal Information for record keeping purposes, such as to complete and process any transaction you began prior to any request, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, such as our tax, fraud and compliance obligations, to resolve disputes, or for other purposes as required or permitted by applicable law. In addition, please note that even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we will still need to send you service-related communications and may need to keep Personal Information we have collected about you for record-keeping in order to honor your requests, research and other purposes.
Unsubscribing from Club 1 Hotels Marketing
We use your name and email address to send our promotions, newsletters and company news to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you can choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to other websites
The Club 1 Hotels Site is a general audience website and does not offer service directed to children. Should a child whom we know to be under 13 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to inform the Childe that we must have parental consent before receiving the child’s personal information.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our Site at /terms.
Club 1 Hotels, LLC.
Club 1 Hotels
1000 N. Milwaukee Ave.
Chicago, IL 60642
Phone: +1 312-529-8474